Are you looking for the best miter saw? With it you can make precise cuts and present a professional carpentry job.
However, with so many different models presented to us by the market, it can be difficult to opt for a particular one.
If you don’t know which model to choose, stay with us. We have prepared a purchase guide that will help you decide on the product that best suits your needs.
The most important thing in Miter Saw
- A miter saw consists of an engine that rotates at very high speeds, including a disc with very sharp teeth. It should be kept in a safe place, out of reach of the little ones.
- There are endless varieties of saws, so you’ll need to make sure that the circular inlet is the one you really need.
- Delicate equipment like this will need good care and support on your part, but also a warranty that covers factory damage or poor performance from the start.
What is a Miter Saw? What are its advantages?
The miter saw is a tool used to make cuts in materials precisely and at different angles.
With it you can carry out work in plastic, metal and wood. The cutting of the machine will depend on its power and the type of disc you use.
The Miter Saw is a motorized power tool designed to make precision cuts in wood, plastics and metals. In the US, it is also known as Circular Miter, or Miter. The type of material you are able to work on depends on the disc you use and its characteristics (design, hardness, number of teeth, etc.).
As with any other power tool, the power will indicate the force with which the cut will be made. Later we will see the impact of this value on the overall performance of the machine.
The miter saw differs from the circular saw in its ability to generate precise cuts with very specific angles. It is used by craftsmen, carpenters, metal structure workers, and any job that needs precision in material cuts.
The best miter saws of 2021
In the market you can find a wide variety of brands and models. To help you in your choice, we’ve evaluated and compared several options. If you don’t know which one to choose, check out these 3 models that also belong to different price ranges. That way, your budget won’t be a problem.
The best value for money
If you are looking for a quality miter saw, but you can buy it at an affordable price, this machine is your best choice. Thanks to its 1500 watts of power and its blade, you can make precise cuts at different angles. In addition, it includes a saw table that adapts and can be mobilized depending on the type of cut.
The best high-end model
This model stands out for its quality, functionality and, above all, for its compact and lightweight design. Thanks to its 8″ disc and 1200 W power it provides a more optimal cut. In addition, it includes a laser that follows the movement of the saw and serves as a guide to perform the work accurately.
The best cheap model
If you are looking for a miter saw for your workshop that is functional and cheap, this is the best option for you. It stands out for its 1450 W power and robust design. Your disc is designed for wood cutting, but can be replaced with one compatible with other materials.
- Significant reduction in physical effort used to make cuts
- Greater precision in cuts
- Faster execution of cuts
- Ensures identical cuts for large-scale parts production
- The weight of the tool and its use make it not portable. It must be installed on a site appropriately
- Cutting angles must be calibrated before working the final material
- Greater risk of accidents due to improper use than a saw
- Cost of purchasing consumables (cutting disc) and safety implements (protection lenses, mask, protective headphones)
What are the parts of a miter saw?
They are usually composed of the following elements:
- Spin: In which the angular cutting rotation is adjusted.
- Table: on which the material to be cut is placed.
- Guides: to adjust the material and prevent it from moving during the cutting operation.
- Engine: The one responsible for generating the revolutions of the disk that will generate the cut.
- Disc: Circular steel sheet designed to cut materials, which must be installed depending on the type of material
Portable miter or AC saws – What should you pay attention to?
Miter saws can be portable or AC current. The desirability of its acquisition will depend on some factors related to the type of work, atmospheric conditions of the project, accessibility and availability of power grids
Here are the two scenarios so you can base your purchase decision based on each of its features as an option.
- Convenience of use in outdoor spaces without access to the mains
- Low or medium power
- Greater versatility
- Additional batteries need to be purchased for continuous use
- Exclusive use connected to the wall or to a power generator
- Medium or high power
- Greater robustness, resulting in greater accuracy
- You only need to connect to a power source for continuous use
It all depends on the type of use you have in mind for it. When it comes to spaces where no electricity is available, the best option will be the laptop, although they come at a higher cost for the extra batteries that will give you continuity. If, on the other hand, you have alternating current or a generator, the most viable option is the second.
Where to buy a miter saw?
Any hardware store that includes cutting equipment in its offer will have a couple of models in its warehouse, but if you really want variety and be able to study the prices and opinions of recent buyers, visit Amazon or other online stores.
We do not especially recommend buying such devices when they are second-hand or have been repaired previously. The trend is that they have less durability and have no guarantee.
Please note the following details of each machine before making the purchase are detailed in its specifications. We explain each of these aspects below.
- Revolutions per Minute (RPM)
- Dimensions of the cutting disc
Revolutions per Minute (RPM)
It refers to the number of turns that the machine can spin the disc to produce the cut to the contact of its teeth with the material. It is a value associated with engine power, which on these machines can range from 1,300W to more than 2,000W.
The RPM required for good cutting must exceed 4,000 RPM. Refer to the manufacturer’s manual or specifications to make sure it is.
It is always important to know the dimensions of the devices before making the purchase decision. Especially when it comes to machinery that will have to be installed in our workshop or stored in our garage.
Some manufacturers have special tables for sale to place the equipment
Note that a very small inlet saw will limit the type of parts you can cut later. Try to maximize the usefulness of your workshop leaving a space wide enough for the correct use of the machine.
Dimensions of the cutting disc
Each miter saw model is designed for the use of specific diameter cutting discs.
The industry standard is 10″ discs, although it is also easy to get 7 1/4″, 12″ and 14″ cutting discs in the US. Be sure to purchase a saw whose consumables are available in the US market.